Oh, Coach Childress...This was not a good move. You really have provoked the Who Dat Nation beyond what you intended, I'm sure.
It is a good thing that you had your players fitted this past week with special earplugs. They’re gonna need them.
Here's a breakdown for those who want to know more:
• 60 decibels: Normal conversation
• 70 decibels: Vacuum cleaner
• 80 decibels: A crying baby or a freight train
• 85 decibels: Busy city traffic
• 90 decibels: A diesel truck or a hair dryer
Now here is where the Superdome noise level generally sits:
• 100 decibels: Motorcycle, chain saw
• 115 decibels: A rock concert
• 120 decibels: A thunderclap, a jackhammer
FYI: When the Patriots took the field for that Monday Night Football game, the fans hit 99 decibels with their boos—and that was before kickoff.
By the fourth quarter, it was peaking at 119 decibels.
Percy Harvin may want to stay away if he is already having migraines.