Who are the top 10 first round draft picks in Indiana Pacers history?
The selection criteria for this list include:
1. The player must have been selected in the first round of an NBA Draft.
2. The player must have played at least one game for the Pacers; picks traded to another team on draft night not counted but picks traded to the Pacers on draft night are.
The factors considered in ranking the players on this list include:
1. The player's position in the draft—e.g. a player selected second will have higher expectations than a player selected 20th.
2. Only the player's contribution while with the Pacers—how the player performs after leaving the Pacers is not taken into account.
3. The player's longevity—the longer they contribute to the Pacers, the more valuable they are.
4. The player's role with the Pacers—a solid long-term role player could be just as, if not more valuable than, a short-term high-scorer.
Okay, here goes!