By Derek Lofland.
Now that the regular season is over many of the big websites are having fantasy football contests for the playoffs.
Some websites allow you to pick any player you want for each round. Some assign a salary value to the player and make you pick a team that is under a salary cap.
Others make you pick a roster to start the playoffs and stick to it until the Super Bowl, rewarding Owners that pick the players that end up playing the most games.
What we are going to do at Maniaxs is rank the starting players for each team for that week. If you want to see which teams we think are going to be playing for the Super Bowl Preview, check out my article which breaks down each teams and their most compelling fantasy player. If my predictios are to be true, you'd want to draft players in those teams that will make it far in the playoffs.
QB – Wild Card Round
- Aaron Rodgers (Green Bay Packers) – He was the leading fantasy scoring QB in the NFL this year and faces a Cardinals pass defense that ranked 23rd in passing yards allowed.
- Tony Romo (Dallas Cowboys) – Romo had 618 yards passing and three touchdowns with two picks in his two wins over Philly this season. Another 300-yard game could be a reality if the Cowboys can play like they did last week.
- Tom Brady (New England Patriots) – The injury to WR Wes Welker and the New England climate have him down a little bit for me, but he is 8-0 at home in the playoffs and still has WR Randy Moss.
- Kurt Warner (Arizona Cardinals) – The problem here is the injury to WR Anquan Boldin and with CB Charles Woodson able to lock down on WR Larry Fitzgerald, he is not the sure bet I thought he might be in this matchup a few weeks ago.
- Donovan McNabb (Philadelphia Eagles) – He has only 450 yards passing, one touchdown and two picks in two games against the Dallas Cowboys. He has a very bad matchup this week..