January 6, 2010
Streeter Lecka/Getty Images
(Will Josh Nesbitt or any Georgia Tech player be finding the end zone tonight?)
Just some thoughts, as usual. Will be back afterward.
- If Georgia Tech can't get physical and execute up front offensively, then this game is already over.
- Penalties are killing the Jackets.
- Chandler Anderson, of all people, is Tech's game MVP so far. Maybe all he needed was a chance.
- Ricky Stanzi is about what I expected. Pretty poised, still prone to mistakes, but in all, a good field general.
- No fault for Dwyer, Nesbitt and Co., nothing they can do with all those black jerseys swarming.
- Not bad from the Jackets defensively, but that false start on Joseph Gilbert really killed what felt like a good thing this team had going early.
- All things considered, (The Jackets have 31 yards. Total yards.) this could be a lot worse. Down just one score and set to get the ball out of halftime, it's time for Paul Johnson's Georgia Tech to start executing against physical teams, and in bowl games. Or else get ready to answer another offseason's worth of questions about the spread option being vulnerable in bowl games.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!