Word around the campfire is that Mike Leach has drawn interest from the Silver and Black.
Here are some incredibly serious reasons for and against hiring the Mad Scientist:
- The arrival of a former (Red) Raider who is quirky and has a fascination with pirates? Something tells me he’ll be a fan favorite right away.
- If Craig James ever wants to come after Leach, he’ll have to mess with the Black Hole first.
- A Texas Tech quarterback may finally have a place in the NFL.
- Oakland will definitely avoid drafting Adam James at WR, no matter what his 40 time is.
- An electrical closet may not be kind treatment of an octogenarian , but it may be the only way to get Al Davis to step aside.
- Steve Spurrier, Lane Kiffin, Nick Saban, Bobby Petrino, Dennis Erickson, Mike Riley, Rich Brooks, and Butch Davis.
- Does JaMarcus Russell really look in good enough shape to move his arm 50 times per game?
- Shane Lechler won’t see the field nearly as much!
- Does the team really need another reminder about how they passed over Michael Crabtree last April?
- Oakland can kiss contests on ESPN—likely the only channel that won’t black out Raiders games—goodbye.