1. Brandon Jennings is the real deal: In two games last week Jennings has scored 87 points with 14 assists. So far this season he is averaging 25 PTS (eigth in the NBA), 5 AST, 4 REB, and 1 STL. He also is shooting 49 percent from the field, 83 percent from the foul line, and has 17 three-pointers. In an eight-cat league his fantasy value equals the 10th overall player.
2. Marc Gasol has been playing like his brother: Gasol pulled down 16 rebounds last Saturday for the second time this season. He is averaging 14.8 points, 11.4 rebounds, and 1.7 blocks per game. Also he is shooting 56 percent from the field and 78 percent from the line. He is looking like one of the biggest steals in the draft.
3. Danny Granger is showing why he was a top-four pick: The Pacers upset the Celtics last Friday and Granger was a big part of that with 29 PTS, 6 REB, 4 AST, 3 STL, and six three-pointers. His rebounding has increase with Troy Murphy sidelined.
4. Chris Bosh is outscoring Lebron James and Dirk Nowitzki and out rebounding Dwight Howar d: Bosh is fourth in the NBA with 27.7 points per game. He is third in the NBA with 11.8 rebounds per game.
5. Charlie Villanueva is heating up: Charlie V has has scored 25 or more points in three of his past five games. It looks like his hamstring injury is over with and he should increase his 17 points per game.
Honorable mention: Chris Paul out with injury, Byron Scott fired, Knicks 1-8, Nets winless, Joakim Noah leads in the NBA with 12.2 rebounds per game, Kobe Bryant leads the NBA with 30.1 points per game.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!