During this installment of shameless self-promotion, we bring to you a video recap of some extracurricular activities that took place in and around “Blogs with Balls 2.0” in Las Vegas earlier last month. The video features, me, as the hey-look-at-me host and many of the prominent sports blogging personalities that filled the panels throughout the weekend.
– Rob Baker and Ben Eckstein from Beryllium Pictures filmed and edited this video, as well as the prior Blogs with Balls official videos. They’re far too talented for me and the rest of the monkeys featured in these productions. Unbelievable work.
– The video starts with Dan Levy making fun of me – which seems about right.
– I have a frock of hair. You know that. I know that. Why the Blogs with Balls fellas decided to make me look like Erik Estrada in the video’s title slide, I have no idea.
– I (like most people) assumed that each city across America had their own guy that dressed like Captain Morgan for events of this nature. Incorrect. It’s one guy, and he was at Blogs with Balls 2.0 in Vegas. One guy that travels around the nation making appearances. He’s the real deal and his Red Bull intake would rival Mel Kiper’s.
– Josh Zerkle from KSK and WithLeather makes me laugh. Josh Zerkle paired with Kevin Blackistone, frequent guest on ESPN’s “Around the Horn” makes me laugh harder.
– I managed to slip the word “bluffing” into an interview with Gavin Smith and the phrase “bad beat” into my conversation with Annie Duke. Yet, my knowledge of poker sits somewhere between “ass” and “hole in the ground”. Fantastic editing.
– Two appearances of the devious, stalking Chris Mottram in the short video above.
But, he’s not the only Mottram Brother that participates in background tomfoolery.
– Where does one purchase a 10x life-sized wall poster of Billy Bob Thornton?
– In case you missed it, at the end of the Iceman/Spencer Hall exchange, Iceman said, “Back to Susie at ESPN. We love you.” This was probably the 16th time he referenced ESPN or sending it “back to the studio” or a producer of some sort. Apparently, a microphone and an associated cameraman bamboozled ‘ole Iceman. I wasn’t going to say anything. He kept bringing free booze.
– As always, big big props to our cyber homies over at HuggingHaroldReynolds.com, who put on another fantastic production in Vegas. Their work, along with Dan Levy and countless sponsors provided endless hours of entertainment. There are very few functions that are as fun *and* professional as the “Blogs with Balls” events. Don’t believe me? This is Chris Lucas, one of the founding members.
I think I proved my point.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!