Controversy is swirling around the Georgia program after a 4-4 start and big losses to Tennessee (45-19) and Florida (41-17). Hopefully, the Dawgs can put the pieces together and win at least 2 of their 4 remaining games to become bowl eligible.
Inside the numbers:
* Mark Richt’s overall non-conference record is 35-4.
* Georgia is ranked 118 out of 120 schools in penalties allowed per game.
* Georgia is ranked 115 in penalty yards per game.
* Georgia is ranked 119 schools in turnover margin.
* Georgia is ranked 97 in total offense.
* Georgia is ranked 73 in scoring offense.
* Georgia is ranked 68 in total defense.
* Georgia is ranked 89 in scoring defense.
The Georgia Bulldogs are not in the top 25 polls. In fact, the Dawgs are not in the top 25 of anything positive. RSD over at Sic’em Dawgs has some quantitative data on just how the Dawgs really stack up.Gametime: Tennessee Tech at Georgia