5 things we saw in week 8 of the NFL.
1. Brett Favre is playing pretty well. As much as this pains me to say Brett Favre is playing Quarterback for the Vikings at a high level. The Vikings are 7-1, they have scored the second most points in the NFL and Brett Favre has a Quarterback rating of 106. He has only thrown three interceptions and has tossed 16 touchdowns. The only question is, can he keep it up or will the wheels fall off like they did the past two seasons.
2. The Titans can run the ball.
The Titans are terrible, they have the worst defense in the league and no Quarterback, but they do have Chris Johnson he currently has 824 rushing yards and is averaging a staggering 6.9 yards per run. Maybe Vince Young can move the ball down the field with his arm and feet and opponents will stop stacking the box.
3. The NFC West is terrible.
The team leading this division just got beat by the pathetic Panthers. The 49ers have lost four straight, the Seahawks only have two wins and the Rams are one of the worst teams in the league. As a whole the NFC West has been outscored by 135 points.
4. The Dolphins can score points.
The Wildcat has been called a fad and they lost their starting Quarterback earlier this season, but the past four games the Dolphins have scored more than 30 points. They have done it against pretty good defenses too. Including the Jets twice, the Saints and the Bills.
5. The Patriots just keep winning.
Surprisingly the Pats are flying under the radar this year. They are in first place by two games and have a solid 5-2 record. The last two games against the Titans and Bucs the Patriots have outscored their opponents by 87 points.