If you scroll down the screen and look to your right you will notice no time remains on the countdown until opening night, It is here!!!! Celtics fans all over have been waiting for this day, waiting to begin our run towards redemption. Nobody was happy with the results last year. When healthy we know we are the best team in the league. So this year we need to come right out of the gate and prove it. It just happens that our first game maybe the toughest game on the schedule. Playing at "The Q" will be very tough against a strong Cleveland team. If we can get out of there with a win it will prove to us we are really ready to raise that 18th banner. Here are a few things to look for throughout the game.
- How will this Celtics team handle the atmosphere at "The Q". I am sure they will have some sort of noisemakers, towels or some props to make the place loud. The Celtics can't let this effect them, if they do it could be a long night.
- How many minutes will KG play? With the loss of Big Baby we are left wondering about how this will affect KG's playing time.
- Will Rondo's contract situation be in his mind, or is he really focused on winning a championship here in Boston?
- Assuming Shelden gets some of "Glen's" minutes how will he react to the atmosphere? This may be the biggest game he's played in his NBA career.
- Will the bench go any deeper than Shelden? Unless there is a blowout, would we expect a guy like Lester Hudson to get any minutes?
- Who will have the advantage in the Paul Pierce vs. Lebron matchup? This may be a key factor in who wins this game.
- Will Ray Allen and Eddie House be on their game hitting big three's at the end of the game, if needed?
These are just a few questions to keep in mind during the game. We will be talking all things Celtics before, during, and after the game tonight in our live chat. The link will be posted around 6:30 so come check it out and bring in the 2009-2010 season in THE JUNGLE!!!!!!!
For more Celtics news, opinions, and analysis come to www.ginosjungle.com