Notre Dame Could Be in Trouble Again
The Fighting Irish have covered only one spread in 2009, against Nevada in Week One, and only beaten a single spread in 2009, last week against the USC Trojans. Now, as favorites once again, the Irish host Boston College .
The football betting line on the game is Notre Dame -7½, but don’t be so quick to jump on Charlie Weis’ team based on the spread. They’ve really had trouble against teams that they should have run over with ease this year, like Purdue, who they beat 24-21 as 6½ point favorites in the NCAA sportsbook and Michigan State whom they lost to straight-up 33 to 30 as 10 ½ point favorites.
Will the golden domers prove to be a horrible football wager again against the point spread? Probably. Boston College is 4-2 ATS and beat Florida State straight-up as 3½ point underdogs.
The Eagles aren’t pushovers, and Notre Dame has proven in 2009 that if you have even the slightest bit of talent, you can play with them.
Oregon Leads Quick Picks
The Oregon Ducks have solidified their status as the best team in the Pac-10. Sure, USC is ranked higher but against the spread, the Ducks have been the toast of the west coast.
Save for two straight losses ATS in the first two weeks of the season, the Ducks have been perfect against the spread. They’ve covered against Utah, ending Utah’s winning streak, Cal, destroying the Bears when the Bears were ranked in the Top 10, Washington State, and UCLA on the road.
Now, they face the Washington Huskies as 10-point betting favorites. Expect the Ducks to cover again.
I also like:
- Arkansas to beat Mississippi straight up at +210 on the college football moneyline.
- Iowa to cover the 1½ points against the spread on the road against Michigan State.
- TCU to cover the 2½ points as road favorites against BYU.
- Mississippi State to actually fight Florida hard as 23½ point underdogs at home.
- South Florida to bounce back after their loss to Cincinnati straight-up at +210 on the money line against Pittsburgh on the road.