2010 Seattle Mariners Offseason Plan
I'll admit this is mostly speculation, but there is quite a lot of reasoning behind my ideas. This is just free writing my ideas, so here it is, my 2010 Seattle Mariners offseason plan.
1. Swap Brandon Morrow and JJ Hardy. Morrow is expendable given our pitching depth, and Hardy has a great glove and a very potent bat.
2. Trade Bryan Lahair, Jose Lopez, Jason Vargas, Ryan Langerhans, and Carlos Peguero to the Florida Marlins for Jorge Cantu, Ricky Nolasco, and a B-type prospect.
3. Trade Jorge Cantu and Randy Messanger to the Twins for Nick Blackburn.
4. Sign Scott Podsednick to a $2.5 million, one-year deal.
5. Sign Ken Griffey Jr. to a $1.25 million deal with $4 million in performance incentives.
6. Sign Adrian Beltre to a $27 million, three-year deal.
7. Sign Russell Branyan to $10 million over two years.
8. If signing Griffey fails, sign Nick Johnson to $9 million deal.
9. Extend Felix Hernandez and Franklin Gutierrez to $90 million over six years.
Here's how the roster would look if these aforementioned deals happened.
C. Adam Moore
1B. Russell Branyan
2B. Matt Tuiasosoppo
3B. Adrian Beltre
SS. JJ Hardy
RF. Ichiro Suzuki
CF. Franklin Gutierrez
LF. Michael Saunders
DH. Ken Griffey Jr.
SP. Felix Hernandez
SP. Ricky Nolasco
SP. Ryan Rowland-Smith
SP. Nick Blackburn
SP. Ian Snell
CL. David Aardsma
RP. Mark Lowe
RP. Shawn Kelley
RP. Phillippe Aumont
RP. Chris Jakubauskas
RP. Nick Hill
RP. Carlos Silva
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?