I believe the stats will tell us what will happen on Sunday.
Here are the Vikings pass defense stats through the first six games:
- Points per game: 20.2 15th
- Passing yards allowed: 1,490 7th
- Yards per completion: 7.8 26th
- Yards per game: 248.3 24th
- First-down percentage: 36.1 24th
- Plays of 20+ yards: 24 T-30th (with Cleveland)
- Opponent passer rating: 91.0 23rd
- Touchdowns against: 9 T-22nd (with five others)
The Steelers will have the pass when and where they want it.
A major blow to the Vikings secondary will be the likely absence of Antoine Winfield. I say pass first to set up the beautiful long runs of Mendy and Parker.