New York Islanders: Garth Snow, Ted Nolan Dismiss Newsday Report
NYI Fan Central Covers the following Islander related events to begin its 6/6 coverage.
Among the highlights:
* Katie Strang of Newsday covered Wednesday night's business club event with Garth Snow's commenting that we're a tight-knit organization and the situation with confidence in Wade Dubielewicz to play was not as big of a deal as what it was made out to be.
In addition, the GM said everything is great regarding his relationship with the coach, but he prefers that situations like this be kept within the four walls and that Rick DiPietro is great with regard to his minor surgery.
* Ted Nolan for his part felt there was no disagreement at all, that he and Snow agreed on the conditioning, that Dubie was hurt in the off season, so he couldn't come in and that sometimes that's construed as lack of confidence, but it was maybe a lack of communication.
The coach also plans on thanking Dubielewicz, trying to maintain a friendship as he spoke about the business side vs. the relationship side as he again praised Dubielewicz and maintained he never lost faith in his ability.
* NYI Fan Central questions Greg Logan's agenda, why he did not attend the business club meeting with Snow and Nolan together in the same room last night and if there is pressure on the beat writer to stir things up from Newsday sports editor Hank Winnicki. A major issue was made from nothing, which is not good for a club with virtually no media beyond the one paper.
* The Business Club meeting itself was covered by Newsday's Islander blog with full team website coverage. Chris Dey, Senior Vice President, Sales, Marketing & Operations gives his comments as Mike Bossy, Executive Director of the Islanders Business Club, welcomed everyone. Team owner Charles Wang was present, along with Bob Nystrom, Clark Gillies, Mike Sillinger and Kyle Okposo.
* Mike Milbury comments on the contract he offered Chris Osgood when he was general manager of the Isles, while NYI Fan Central questions the former GM's strategy at that time in making such an offer.
Check back later for more updates.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?