Gee Scott of 710 ESPN Seattle passed along comments from Sherman, who also discussed the other factors that could decide his fate.
"I wouldn't want to leave this city and my guys," he said, "but understand it's a business and organizational philosophies change."
A potential Sherman deal hit the radar a few weeks ago when Mike Lombardi of The Ringer NFL Show podcast reported the shutdown defensive back could be available if the "right deal" was offered to the Seahawks.
The 29-year-old Stanford product originally shrugged off the idea of getting dealt during an appearance last week on First Take, according to Sheil Kapadia of ESPN.
"I just laugh it off, man," Sherman said. "It's funny to me. But sometimes people need to see you gone to realize what you had. The grass isn't always greener on the other side. But I don't let things like that bother me. The chips will fall how they're supposed to."
Seattle head coach Pete Carroll confirmed Wednesday the front office has engaged with other teams about Sherman but admitted he doesn't "see anything happening at all," per Kapadia.
"You're either competing or you're not. And so we've always had to be open for everything, every suggestion that comes along," Carroll said. "There have been some teams that have called, and so we've talked about it. But he's extremely important to our football team."
Meanwhile, Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network reported Wednesday the New England Patriots were one of the clubs to contact the Seahawks about Sherman. It's unclear how far negotiations advanced before they signed Stephon Gilmore away from the Buffalo Bills in free agency.
Sherman is under contract for two more seasons. Spotrac notes his $13.6 million cap hit for the 2017 campaign ranks sixth at the position.