RB Leipzig striker Timo Werner has denied rumours he could leave his current club for Liverpool during the summer, while Sassuolo sporting director Giovanni Carnevali has named the club's price for Domenico Berardi.
As reported by the Daily Mail (h/t Liverpool Echo's Joe Rimmer), Reds manager Jurgen Klopp has kept a close eye on Werner, Leipzig's main weapon in attack who has been one of the Bundesliga's best at scoring on the break.
The 21-year-old, who has been called up to Germany's national team for the first time and could feature in a friendly against England on Wednesday, told Welt am Sonntag (h/t Rimmer) he has no interest in leaving his current club, however.
"I want to keep growing together with RB Leipzig and keep developing here," Werner said. "I am still only 21 years old and still have plenty of years ahead of me. I am very happy at Leipzig. Joining this club has been a stroke of luck. I have found my way again under Ralph Hasenhuttl."
Werner only joined RB Leipzig from Stuttgart in 2016, and he's been a regular starter for the Bundesliga newcomers―a summer move never seemed likely.
Leipzig have quickly developed an excellent reputation for nurturing young talent, and the club hasn't been afraid to lean on their youngest stars. For players like Werner, it's the perfect environment to continue their development.
As shared by Squawka Football, he's been in excellent form this season:
The striker is at his best in a fluid system that is built around pressing and counter-attacking. Leipzig's system is quite similar to what Klopp prefers to do at Anfield, and many pundits see Werner as a perfect fit for his squad.
Here's a look at some of his highlights:
Werner's career has taken a big step forward this season, culminating in his spot in the Germany squad. The youngster has no reason to leave Leipzig at this particular time, so don't expect Liverpool to land him during the summer.
One player who does seem likely to leave is Berardi, and according to Carnevali, the speedy forward will be allowed to depart Sassuolo for a fee of €40 million (roughly £35 million).
The Bianconeri, who previously co-owned the 22-year-old, remain the clear favourites for his signature. As reported by ESPN FC's Selene Scarsi, Sassuolo president Giorgio Squinzi told FC Inter News the Old Lady maintain their clause for his signature and Berardi will move to Turin during the summer.
Much has been said and written about the ongoing saga since then, however, and the Italy international is by no means guaranteed to join Juventus―he's yet to do so in the past few years, despite ample opportunities. Per Calciomercato, he refused the Old Lady last year over a fear of playing time.
Berardi is widely regarded as Italy's top attacking talent and started the 2016-17 season in sensational form before an injury halted his momentum. Here's a look at some of his highlights:
He's been far from his best since returning to the pitch but remains an intriguing talent blessed with raw pace, technique, vision and finishing ability.
Berardi seems ready for a bigger club and is expected to leave Sassuolo in the summer, providing one of the interested clubs is willing to hand the Neroverdi a significant fee.