This is my opinion and my opinion only. So I am not preaching to you guys, just stating MY opinion.
10. . Mitsuharu Misawa & Jun Akiyama vs. Toshiaki Kawada & Akira Taue (12/06/96 - RWTL 96 Finals)- Phenomenal tag team match. **** 3/4
9. Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart - WrestleMania X- The best opener in wrestling history also might have the smartest story. Owen, the jealous brother, wants revenge on his bro, who he feels is stealing the attention. Bret doesn’t want to face his brother, but finally consents to set this up, and this all led up to 20 minutes of awesomeness. **** 3/4
8. Funk vs. Flair (I quit)- Pure brutality as Funk returns an older man to take back his title from a prime of life Ric Flair and gets insanely violent to try and do it. Not only the best I quit match ever, one of the best matches ever; they really fucked up though by not putting this on Starrcade ‘89 **** 3/4
7. Ric Flair vs. Ricky Steamboat (NWA World Title Match) – 2/20/89, Chi Rumble-The first of Flair and Steamboat’s epic series, and it surely was not a disappointment. It was the well designed story of the classic scared heel against the sympathetic babyface. There is no denying it was an absolute classic, and one of the most shocking finishes ever in wrestling. *****
6. Jumbo Tsuruta vs. Mitsuharu- This was a combination of the greatest puro wrestler in the 80’s against the wrestler who would later become the greatest in the 90’s. This is truly the best underdog match I have ever seen. Misawa would go on and defeat Jumbo here, and the rest is history. *****
5. Mitsuharu Misawa vs. Kenta Kobashi- One of Misawa’s greatest matches, and Kobashi’s best single’s match of all time. This was an instant classic, and a huge moment in Japanese wrestling. *****
4. Steve Austin vs. Bret Hart (I Quit Match) – 3/23/97, Wrestlemania XIII- Much known for the breaking point of Austin’s career, and the double turn, but the match was more than that. This was the most intense brawl I have ever seen in my life. They did everything perfectly timed, and every puzzle piece fit the puzzle perfectly. This is the best WWF match ever *****
3. Ric Flair vs. Ricky Steamboat (NWA World Title Match) – 5/7/89, Wrestlewar- Truly one of the greatest moments of wrestling’s history. I always watch this match for studying tapes; I watch it to improve and learn proper timing, psychology, characterization and everything they did perfect. If you did not like this match, call your self a sports entertainment fan, not wrestling. *****
2. Ric Flair vs. Ricky Steamboat (2 out of 3 Fall NWA World Title Match)- If you ever want to see Flair vs. Steamboat at their best, or you just want to see how professional wrestling ought to be like this is the match for you. This was truly an amazing match and if it wasn’t for the no-finish, this would be easily number one. *****
1. Mitsuharu Misawa vs. Toshiaki Kawada 1994- This truly is my favorite match ever. Misawa was in his prime, and Kawada was just awesome. They just beat the shit out of each other in this match from bell to bell. I can not find one flaw in this match. If you have not seen it, what are you waiting for? ***** doesn’t do the justice.