Miami Heat All-Star forward Chris Bosh is reportedly set to meet with doctors Thursday to discuss whether his latest blood-clot scare will keep him out for the rest of the season, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical.
Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald reported Monday that Bosh's condition goes beyond the calf injury that kept him out of Saturday's three-point contest and Sunday's All-Star Game in Toronto, though a source told Jackson that Bosh's latest ailment is not life-threatening.
This is the second time Bosh has had concerns over blood clots. On Feb. 21, 2015, the Heat ruled him out for the rest of the season because of blood clots on his lungs, per ESPN.com.
In September, Bosh told Tim Reynolds of the Associated Press he had difficulty walking last year because of the blood clots.
"I couldn't walk anywhere," Bosh said. "I was in too much pain."
The 11-time All-Star was examined in Toronto. He returned to Miami on Monday to get further tests, per Reynolds, who also noted Bosh was active throughout the course of All-Star Weekend:
He was on the bench for the All-Star Game, was in uniform for the team photo session pregame, accompanied Wade to a dinner that honored Kobe Bryant on Saturday night and moved around without any obvious difficulty.
Last year, that wasn't the case.
Heat guard Dwyane Wade told Reynolds that Bosh's health is more important than basketball.
"It's about his family, and he has to make sure he does everything right," Wade said. "I want to make sure that he's doing whatever he needs to do to be healthy and get back on the basketball court whenever he's ready."
Bosh is Miami's leading scorer with 19.1 points per contest in addition to his 7.4 rebounds per game. At 29-24, the Heat entered the All-Star break with the fifth-best record in the Eastern Conference.