RHP Joba Chamberlain (8-6, 4.72) vs LHP Jon Lester (14-7, 3.33 ERA)
Game News & Notes
- Joba has made five starts since the Yankees revamped their approach with him in late August, turning in four three-inning outings and one four-frame start. Over that 16-inning span, Chamberlain has allowed 14 earned runs on 23 hits, a 7.87 ERA. Chamberlain is 1-1 with a 5.06 ERA in three starts vs. Boston in 2009.
- Lester has allowed more than three earned runs just once in his past 20 starts. He is 11-2 over that span. In three starts against the Yankees this season, Lester is 1-0 with a 2.70 ERA. In 17 road starts, Lester is 8-4 with a 3.53 ERA.
- The Yankees are 6-9 vs. the Red Sox in 2009 and have won six of their past seven against Boston.
- New York has homered in 67 of 75 games at Yankee Stadium and leads the Majors with 231 homers.
- Derek Jeter (201) and Robinson Cano (196) are looking to become the fifth pair of Yankees teammates to collect at least 200 hits in the same season, joining Lou Gehrig and Earle Combs (1927), Gehrig and Joe DiMaggio (1936, ‘37), Bernie Williams and Jeter (1999) and Alfonso Soriano and Williams (2002).
- Johnny Damon is three games played shy of reaching the 140 game plateau for the 14th consecutive season, extending the longest current streak of its kind. He will be one of five Major Leaguers all-time to play 14 or more consecutive seasons of 140 or more games, joining Henry Aaron, Brooks Robinson, Pete Rose and Willie Mays.
The game will take place at Yankee Stadium in the Bronx, NY. The game is scheduled to start at 7:05PM ET. The game will be televised on MY9 and TBS. The game can also be heard on the radio on WCBS 880. Enjoy the game. Go Yankees!