A tax evasion case brought against Barcelona star Neymar has been dismissed by a Brazilian judge because the country's inland revenue has yet to finalise its decision on the issue.
Per Reuters (via the Guardian), Neymar—along with his father and two former Barca presidents, Sandro Rosell and Josep Maria Bartomeu—were accused of forging documents in an attempt to reduce taxation in Brazil between 2006 and 2013.
The alleged fraud surrounded the forward's image rights, but Judge Mateus Castelo Branco Firmino da Silva has thrown out the case because the Brazilian inland revenue has yet to make its own ruling, per Reuters (via Eurosport):
"It is the understanding of the Federal Supreme Court that the accusation is not possible in tax cases before a final decision in the administrative realm," said the judge.
The prosecutor said he would appeal the decision, but not until the end of Brazil's upcoming Carnival, which finishes on Wednesday.
The allegations are separate from a current case against Barcelona in Spain surrounding Neymar's transfer from Santos to the Catalan giants in 2013.
The 24-year-old appeared before a judge in Madrid earlier this week with Barca standing accused of concealing part of the transfer fee they paid for Neymar, per BBC News.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!