Surprise, surprise? Some top teams stumble and are losing ground on the national title race. Who takes their spot? Let’s go to the polls.
1. Florida (Last Week: 1) Next Game: 9/26 at Kentucky
Gator fans and staff are blaming their 10-point victory on the swine flu. Whatever happened to “a win is a win?”
2. Texas (Last Week: 2) Next Game: 9/26 vs. UTEP
Colt McCoy and company avoided another upset at the hands of Texas Tech, holding the Red Raiders to -6 rushing yards.
3. Ole Miss (Last Week: 4) Next Game: 9/24 at South Carolina
The Rebels move up thanks to USCs loss, but must avoid a letdown game in Columbia this week.
4. Alabama (Last Week: 5) Next Game: 9/26 at Arkansas
Three SEC teams in the top five? There is little doubt that this is the toughest conference in college football.
5. Penn State (Last Week: 6) Next Game: 9/26 vs. Iowa
The Spread HD may be their bread and butter, but their defense has given up only 20 points in three games.
6. LSU (Last Week: 7) Next Game: 9/26 at Mississippi State
A tough matchup against Georgia is on the horizon, but the Tigers can’t over look this weekend.
7. USC (Last Week: 3) Next Game: 9/26 vs. Washington State
The Trojans drop due to their loss, and now a quarterback battle is brewing between Matt Barkley, who is hurt, and Aaron Corp, who couldn’t lead the team to victory.
8. Ohio State (Last Week: 9) Next Game: 9/26 vs. Illinois
Terrelle Pryor ensured a victory this week, throwing for 262 yards and adding an extra 110 on the ground in the shutout.
9. TCU (Last Week: 10) Next Game: 9/26 at Clemson
The Horned Frogs take advantage of their counterparts mistakes, and slide further up into the top 10.
10. Miami (Last Week: 23) Next Game: 9/26 vs. No. 12 Virginia Tech
The Hurricanes are quickly showing they are for real, winning against another ranked opponent in the ACC.
11. Oklahoma (Last Week: 12) Next Game: Idle
Oklahoma gets an extra week to prepare against an equally dangerous Miami team.
12. Virginia Tech (Last Week: 13) Next Game: 9/26 at No. 10 Miami
A game winning drive took down Nebraska, but the Hokies will need a top game in order to get a victory this week.
13. UNC (Last Week: 14) Next Game: 9/26 at No.15 Georgia Tech
The Tar Heels are looking strong in the ACC this season, and this game gives them a chance to make some noise in the Coastal division.
14. Boise State (Last Week: 15) Next Game: 9/26 at Bowling Green
With BYU’s loss, Boise State is one of two teams left looking at a BCS bid as a non-automatic qualifier.
15. Georgia Tech (Last Week: 8 ) Next Game: 9/26 vs. No. 13 North Carolina
Miami exposed the triple-option offense. Can the Yellow Jackets get back on track and avoid a 1-2 ACC start?
16. Oklahoma State (Last Week: 16) Next Game: 9/26 vs. Grambling State
The Cowboys bounced back from their upset loss with a win over Rice, and should have an easy game against Grambling State this weekend.
17. Kansas (Last Week: 17) Next Game: 9/26 vs. Southern Miss
Quarterback Todd Reesing has thrown for 806 yards in a mere three games this season.
18. California (Last Week: 20) Next Game: 9/26 at Oregon
Cal jumps thanks to some losses, but face an Oregon team with some fire after they beat Utah last week.
19. Florida State (Last Week: NR) Next Game: 9/26 vs. South Florida
It’s a tale of two teams for the Seminoles, as the team that beat BYU is not the same team that snuck by Jacksonville State.
20. BYU (Last Week: 11) Next Game: 9/26 vs. Colorado State
BYU lost their best shot at possibly competition for a national championship, and will need a lot of help to get back in the BCS conversation.
21. Georgia (Last Week: 21) Next Game: 9/26 vs. Arizona State
The Bulldogs played like a Big 12 team last week, putting up 52 points against Arkansas.
22. Cincinnati (Last Week: 24) Next Game: 9/26 vs. Fresno State
Quarterback Tony Pike has 923 yards passing and eight touchdowns through three games this year.
23. Michigan (Last Week: 25) Next Game: 9/26 vs. Indiana
The Wolverines have matched their win total from last season, proving RichRod knows how to turn a team around in year two.
24. Washington (Last Week: NR) Next Game: 9/26 at Stanford
After a disappointing 0-12 season a year ago, an upset over USC finds the Huskies back in the Top 25.
25. Nebraska (Last Week: 19) Next Game: 9/26 vs. Louisiana-Lafayette
A last minute drive knocked the Cornhuskers back, but they should get on track again this week.