NCAA Week 3 Top 25
By Ryan of The Sportmeisters
Are the men already being separated from the boys? Upsets are starting to become commonplace as conference matchups start up this week. Let’s see where the teams are falling now.
1. Florida (Last Week: 1) Next Game: 9/19 vs. Tennessee
Lane Kiffin has been running his mouth for months leading up to this matchup. You don’t think Tim Tebow and crew aren’t ready to make him eat his words?
2. Texas (Last Week: 2) Next Game: 9/19 vs. No. 22 Texas Tech
A revenge game is on tap in Austin, as the Longhorns look to avenge last year’s loss.
3. USC (Last Week: 4) Next Game: 9/19 at Washington
The defense is doing magic, ranking in the top 15 in both yards allowed and points scored. Can they keep that up against QB Jake Locker?
4. Ole Miss(Last Week: 3) Next Game: 9/19 vs. Southeastern Louisiana
Ole Miss slides this week, thanks to USC’s big win. An easy game this week should keep them as top five material.
5. Alabama (Last Week: 5) Next Game: 9/19 vs. North Texas
A non-descript win against FIU last week, and another winnable game this week.
6. Penn State (Last Week: 8 ) Next Game: 9/19 vs. Temple
The Nittany Lions take huge advantage of losses in front of them, as they move up again in the rankings.
7. LSU (Last Week: 10) Next Game: 9/19 vs. Louisiana-Lafayette
QB Jordan Jefferson is doing a fine job as the leader of this offense, throwing for 310 yards and three touchdowns in two games.
8. Georgia Tech (Last Week: 9) Next Game: 9/17 vs. No. 23 Miami
The Yellow Jackets almost blew a big lead against Clemson. Another game or two like that, and they could end up on the losing side.
9. Ohio State (Last Week: 8 ) Next Game: 9/19 at Toledo
The Buckeyes dropped two spots, as they had the lead up until the last second. They should bounce back quickly against Toledo.
10. TCU (Last Week: 11) Next Game: 9/19 vs. Texas State
The score last week wasn’t as close, as the Horned Frogs defense pitched a shutout until the fourth quarter.
11. BYU (Last Week: 12) Next Game: 9/19 vs. Florida State
If the Seminoles played like they did last week against the Cougars, BYU will just keep climbing in the rankings.
12. Oklahoma (Last Week: 13) Next Game: 9/19 vs. Tulsa
QB Landry Jones look Bradford-esque with his three touchdown performance, but the spotlight shone deeply on the Defense, who pitched a nice shutout last week.
13. Virginia Tech (Last Week: 15) Next Game: 9/19 vs. No. 19 Nebraska
They lost their first shot against a ranked opponent, and need a win here to keep from people questioning this team’s ability to win a big game.
14. UNC (Last Week: 14) Next Game: 9/19 at East Carolina
The Tar Heels almost slipped up against Connecticut, needing a last second safety to win it. Mistakes like those won’t get this team far.
15. Boise State (Last Week: 16) Next Game: 9/18 at Fresno State
QB Kellen Moore threw four touchdowns last week, and the Broncos keep making waves to be another BCS Buster this season.
16. Oklahoma State (Last Week: 6) Next Game: 9/19 vs. Rice
The Cowboys had a great chance to shoot up the charts, but blew it in a huge upset loss against Houston.
17. Kansas (Last Week: 17) Next Game: 9/19 vs. Duke
Another quiet win for the Jayhawks, and they are building momentum heading into Big 12 play soon.
18. Utah (Last Week: 18) Next Game: 9/19 at Oregon
San Jose State put up a fight, can Oregon knock the Utes off their perch?
19. Nebraska (Last Week: 20) Next Game: 9/19 at No. 13 Virginia Tech
Two easy wins, and now it’s time to travel and take on the Hokies.
20. California (Last Week: 21) Next Game: 9/19 at Minnesota
Many pundits have the Golden Bears ranked higher, but I still need to be impressed.
21. Georgia (Last Week: 22) Next Game: 9/19 at Arkansas
The Bulldogs prevented an 0-2 start with a big SEC win against South Carolina. Can they keep it up against the Razorbacks?
22. Texas Tech (Last Week: 23) Next Game: 9/19 at No. 2 Texas
The Red Raiders are looking to pull off another upset against Texas this week, but will have to do so in Austin.
23. Miami (Last Week: 24) Next Game: 9/17 vs. No. 8 Georgia Tech
An off week lets them prepare extra for the triple option threat that Georgia Tech will bring
24. Cincinnati (Last Week: 25) Next Game: 9/19 at Oregon State
They put up 70 points last week, can they keep up that offensive momentum?
25. Michigan (Last Week: NR) Next Game: 9/19 vs. Eastern Michigan
The Wolverines return to the polls after their big win against Notre Dame. Another win here should keep them moving up.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?