1. Florida - Still King of the Hill...or is that Ben-Hill. The champs are in full swing right now and would love to put a pounding on UT to show who the boss is in the SEC.
2. Alabama - So far, a repeat from last year. The annual ACC beat-down followed by the let-down. Bama isn't sneaking up on anyone this year...but does it really matter?
3a. Ole Miss - Can they live up to the expectations? We won't know much until Sept. 24 when the Gamecocks come calling. Right now the Rebels biggest competitor is the Swine Flu attack!
3b. LSU - Les Miles has tons of talent down on the bayou but does the coaching staff has what it takes? Personally I'm not a huge fan of the Chavis hire....we shall see
3c. Auburn - With the exception of Florida and Alabama, who has looked better? What a difference a year makes. The Spread Eagle part deux has taken flight and looks to be giving defenses fits! The Tigers haven't played any big boys yet so the jury is still out but things are most certainly looking up, down on the plains.
6. Georgia - The dawgs are a quick look to the left (by Garcia, who missed a wide open RB that would have won the game) away from 0-2. The schedule doesn't get any easier for quite some time. I have tons of respect for the dawgs to take on this type of schedule but don't get too optimistic, this could be a long year in the dawg house.
7. South Carolina - Looked absolutely awful in the season opener....then somehow found what resembled an offense against UGA....was it a fluke, or a sign of things to come?
8. Tennessee - So much hope and optomism at the beginning of the year has just been deflated. Crompton needs to find some confidence....and fast. If he does, and the line pulls together I have one of those weird upset feelings. Watch out Florida...that's all I'm saying now.
9. Arkansas - It won't be long before Petrino has the Hogs on the upper side of this list.
11. Kentucky - I'll be honest...I haven't watched or read one single thing about UK football this year.
11. Vandy - They're going to beat some teams this year....but no bowl game. Sorry Commy's, I hope you enjoyed Nashville....I still laugh at that every time I think about it.
12. Miss St. - The win over Jackson was impressive. Unfortunately it was over Jackson which might be the worst football team in the country. Mullen, you're a brave, brave man!
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!