September 15, 2009
1. Patriots – Good teams find ways to win even when they play subpar games.
2. Steelers – Big Ben showed that his team can count on him when they need him the most.
3. Eagles – Philly made Jake Delhomme look like a joke. McNabb going down can hurt this team big time.
4. Colts – The defense came up huge to preserve the victory against Jacksonville. That’s a great sign for this football team.
5. Saints – I know it was only the Lions, but Drew Brees looks like he might have a repeat of last season.
6. Falcons – Forcing 4 turnovers against the ball-securing Dolphins is a great way to start your season.
7. Titans – There is no doubt this team has a special defense. Can they please give Vince Young a chance?
8. Giants – The receivers filled in nicely, but it is evident that Eli misses Plax.
9. Vikings – Adrian Peterson exceeded what people expected out of him in week 1. Now that’s saying something.
10. Cowboys – Who said that the Cowboys would lack a deep game without Terrell Owens?
11. Ravens – Why was Brodie Croyle able to keep this game close? A win is a win I guess.
12. Packers – This defense made Jay Cutler look awful. Rodgers came up clutch.
13. Chargers – The Raiders looked like a playoff team against the Chargers. Norv Turner should be concerned.
14. Seahawks – Hasselbeck spread the ball nicely and the defense pitched a shut out. Good job.
15. 49ers – I love what Singletary is doing with this team. Beating last year’s NFC champion is a great way to open the season.
16. Jets – Are the Jets for Real? You bet. This team is led by a strong defense that shut out a great Texans offense.
17. Dolphins – Ran into a tough team in the Falcons. Doesn’t get much easier in week 2 against the Colts.
18. Cardinals – Boldin was banged up coming into the game. I’ll give the Cards the benefit of the doubt.
19. Bears – The defense played well, but Cutler flat out stunk. Losing Urlacher for the season will really hurt.
20. Redskins – Hung tough against a respected Giants team. Should get better with time.
21. Bills – They played the Patriots as tough as you can. If you count moral victories, the Bills have one.
22. Bucanneers – Cadillac is back, and he looks pretty good.
23. Chiefs – Croyle and company kept this game close until the end. Big ups.
24. Panthers – Why are they starting Delhomme in week 2?
25. Texans – This team has too much talent on offense to produce no points.
26. Raiders – Great overall performance for the silver and black on Monday night.
27. Broncos – You gotta play a full 60 minutes to win a football game. The Broncos used each and every one.
28. Jaguars – The defense never allowed the game to get out of hand, which is not easy to do against Indy.
29. Browns – The object on defense is to tackle, not to get tackled.
30. Bengals – Bad teams find ways to lose. Just ask Brandon Stokley.
31. Lions – If they had started Daunte Culpepper, they might have had a chance to win against the Saints. Winless streak=19.
32. Rams – The one time they actually scored, the play didn’t count. It was a long day, and will be a long season for the Rams.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!