NCAA Week 2 Top 25
By Ryan of The Sportmeisters
Week one is in the books, with some changes already being made at the top of the rankings. Let’s take a look
1. Florida (Last Week: 1) Next Game: 9/12 vs. Troy
No problems last week against Charleston Southern, but how long until the season ending injury of Andre DeBose becomes an issue?
2. Texas (Last Week: 2) Next Game: 9/12 at Wyoming
Colt McCoy and the Longhorns slide up a spot thanks to Oklahoma’s loss.
3. Ole Miss(Last Week: 4) Next Game: Idle
Ole Miss keeps moving up the rankings, thanks to the big win against Memphis, but how will the swine flu bug affect them?
4. USC (Last Week: 5) Next Game: 9/12 at No. 7 Ohio State
Freshman QB Matt Barkley looked good against San Diego State, but his first true test comes this weekend against the Buckeyes, on the road.
5. Alabama (Last Week: 6) Next Game: 9/12 vs. FIU
For the second straight year, Alabama takes out an ACC foe in the opener. Last year, they rode that momentum to the SEC Championship Game.
6. Oklahoma State (Last Week: 7) Next Game: 9/12 vs. Houston
With Oklahoma’s loss, Oklahoma State could take the Big 12, but they need to keep their focus following last week’s win.
7. Ohio State (Last Week: 8 ) Next Game: 9/12 vs. No. 4 USC
The Buckeyes looked ahead last week and almost slipped up against Navy. There can be no mistakes here.
8. Penn State (Last Week: 9) Next Game: 9/12 vs. Syracuse
Joe Pa goes two up on Bobby Bowden with last week’s win, and should gain another victory this week.
9. Georgia Tech (Last Week: 13) Next Game: 9/10 vs. Clemson
The Yellow Jackets move into the top ten after their convincing victory, and a couple timely losses. A short week bodes well for them in an ACC battle against Clemson.
10. LSU (Last Week: 12) Next Game: 9/12 vs. Vanderbilt
Washington posed a big threat, even for an 0-12 team. LSU needs their Defense to step up if they want SEC glory this season.
11. TCU (Last Week: 14) Next Game: 9/12 at Virginia
TCU got the benefit of the off week, and face a Virginia team still smarting from last week’s loss to a FBS member.
12. BYU (Last Week: 25) Next Game: 9/12 at Tulane
They jumped big this week after their upset of Oklahoma, thanks to the leadership of QB Max Hall. If they can continue the success, could a National Championship game be in the cards?
13. Oklahoma (Last Week: 2) Next Game: 9/12 vs. Idaho
QB and Heisman Trophy Winner Sam Bradford could be out for two weeks, but should be back in time for a showdown against Miami. However, Jermaine Gresham is lost for the season. The O-line has to step up this week.
14. UNC (Last Week: 15) Next Game: 9/12 at Connecticut
The Tar Heels are quietly building confidence in the hopes of taking the ACC Crown this year.
15. Virginia Tech (Last Week: 10) Next Game: 9/12 vs. Marshall
How bad did the loss of Darren Evans affect this team? They still can take the ACC, but the loss to Alabama removes any national championship discussion.
16. Boise State (Last Week: 22) Next Game: 9/12 vs. Miami (OH)
Boise State spoiled Chip Kelly’s Oregon debut. Even a punch to the face won’t affect this squad.
17. Kansas (Last Week: 18) Next Game: 9/12 at UTEP
The Jayhawks had a quiet victory against Northern Colorado last week. Can they stay under the radar all season long?
18. Utah (Last Week: 19) Next Game: 9/12 at San Jose State
The Utes just keep on rolling with another cupcake game on the schedule.
19. Notre Dame (Last Week: NR) Next Game: 9/12 at Michigan
Are the Irish back? An easy win last week would point signs to yes, but the true test will come from playing in the Big House.
20. Nebraska (Last Week: 20) Next Game: 9/12 vs. Arkansas State
Nebraska is humming along nicely, preparing for another cupcake battle.
21. California (Last Week: 21) Next Game: 9/12 vs. Eastern Washington
Cal won big last week earning quite the revenge against Maryland.
22. Georgia (Last Week: 22) Next Game: 9/12 vs. South Carolina
I got to cheer with the 48th IBCT as they root on their Dawgs against South Carolina this weekend. Should be on TV too!
23. Texas Tech (Last Week: 24) Next Game: 9/12 vs. Rice
The Red Raiders aren’t getting much play this season, but will still put up the big numbers, if you like that.
24. Miami (Last Week: NR) Next Game: Idle
The Hurricanes join the Top 25 after their victory over Florida State. They still have an extremely tough schedule ahead of them.
25. Cincinnati (Last Week: 25) Next Game: 9/12 vs. Southeast Missouri State
The Bearcats demolished Rutgers last week, making themselves the team to beat in the Big East.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?