There is absolutely nothing I can say that will do justice to the brilliance, the greatness, and the utter truth of today’s Link of the Day.
But in the immortal words of Kevin Spacey’s Lester Burnham in American Beauty after Wes Bentley’s Ricky Fittz quit his catering job, I say this to The Big Lead’s Saturday editor Cousins of Ron Mexico: I think you just became my new personal hero.
The perfect headline and then a sublime excerpt:
Please, Fire Jay Mariotti — (Cousins of Ron Mexico at The Big Lead)
Basically, his columns are AOL’s new version of the Free Trial discs. They paid to have so many made and they have to get rid of them so they keep sending them out. They just keep handing them out, day after day, to a public that has no use for them.
And some other links for anyone who is taking a quick college football break to browse the blogosphere.
- Derek Jeter owes Roy Halladay a no-hitter — (Josh Q. Public)
- 23 hours of Michael Jordan — (Pippen Aint Easy)
- Pam Ward Chronicles: Week 1 — (Awful Announcing)
- Lou Holtz plagiarizes Animaniac Wakko — (Hugging Harold Reynolds)
- Ricky Williams got engaged — (Deadspin)
- The dominant Big Ten: Ohio State beats Navy 31-27 | Iowa Beats Northern Iowa 17-16
- Good start for Lane Kiffin at UT — (ESPN)
- Some parents not happy about President Obama’s planned speech for school kids — (CNN)
- President Obama’s “Green Czar” drawing criticism for radical past — (Fox News)
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!