Aloisio (Vasco da Gama) chokes on gum after being knocked unconscious

Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse more stories
Aloisio (Vasco da Gama) chokes on gum after being knocked unconscious

Vasco da Gama striker Aloisio hit the headlines for all the wrong reasons this week in Brazil after his debut ended in horrific circumstances as the forward was whisked off to hospital after choking on his chewing gum after a head-clash.

The incident came about in Vasco’s match with Brasiliense on Tuesday.

Looking to get a flick-on on to a long hoof forward, Aloisio inadvertently managed to crash into the back of his opponents head, and immediately the forward was sent tumbling to the deck. After rolling around on the turf for a few seconds while clutching his head, Aloisio suddenly become scarily motionless as the forward lost consciousness as a piece of chewing gum blocked his airway.

Fortunately, the medics who were quickly on the scene quickly identified the problem, removing the gum before the striker was taken away by ambulance.

After the event Aloisio was quoted as saying: “I don’t remember a lot. I only remember the doctor taking the gum out. I have never been scared like this – no more chewing gum for me.”

The incident can be seen here.

[Dirty Tackle]

Load More Stories

Follow B/R on Facebook

See more articles »