Here is some of the latest news surrounding Yankees Universe:
- Damaso Marte is expected to be back in the bullpen tonight.He has been out since April with an injured left shoulder. Remember guys…Marte pitched in seven games this season with a 15.19 ERA.
- A pair of Yankees minor league relief pitchers have been suspended. They are Nestor de Leon and Ramon Rodriguez. They are both members of the DSL Yankees. They were each suspended for 50 games this past Thursday after they both tested positive for performance-enhancing drugs. Rodriguez tested positive for Boldenone, and de Leon tested positive for metabolites of Stanozolol. (both anabolic steroids) Rodriguez was 2-2 with a 6.31 ERA and 21 strikeouts in 25 2/3 innings. De Leon was 3-0 with a 4.29 ERA and 23 strikeouts in 21 innings. It doesn’t look like they are anything special.
- The Yankees Wives Club includes Karen Burnett, Michelle Damon, Leigh Teixeira, Laura Posada, Amber Sabathia and Erin Robertson. Check out the article..it’s a good read.
- Check out this video of Nick Swisher, as he shows us a day in the life of a major leaguer. Swisher has a great personality and a great attitude. It’s always fun to listen to his interviews. He’s the man.
- The future Mrs. Buchholz says that Yankee fans are mean.She visited Yankee Stadium earlier this year this month for the Yanks/Sox series. (Boston Massacre#3) This is what happened:
“Yankees fans, they are mean!” said the future Mrs. B, who hit the new NYC ballpark to watch her hubby and his team get swept by the Evil Empire. “I was in the family section and the fans behind us were heckling us the whole game.”
Clubine, also known as Briefcase Model No. 26 on NBC’s “Deal or No Deal,” said somehow the Yankees fans figured out she was one of Howie Mandel’s models and worked it into their heckling repertoire!
“Every time we’d get up and cheer for our guys, a couple of the fans would yell, ‘Yankees sweep Sox – Deal or no deal?’ ”
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!