Link dump: She's a man, baby … maybe
South African teen track sensation Caster Semenya manhandled the 800-meter women’s field to win the gold medal Wednesday at the world championships. The only problem? Well, no one seems quite sure what Semenya is.
We know he/she’s fast. He/she burst on to the scene three weeks ago at the African championships when she blew away the field to capture the 800 crown with a world-leading time. Then he/she bested the time with her overpowering victory Wednesday in Berlin.
On the down side, however, we’re still waiting to find out whether he’s/she’s a man or a woman. Track’s governing body gave her a gender test after his/her stunning win in Maruitius, according to the Associated Press. Results of the test weren’t available in time for the world meet, and he/she didn’t speak to reporters after his/her victory.
His/her coach did, however.
“We entered Caster as a woman and we want to keep it that way,” South Africa team manager Phiwe Mlangeni-Tsholetsane told the AP. “Our conscience is clear in terms of Caster. We have no reservations at all about that.”
Um, we have a few. Granted, Sportspoop Industries does not have access to the state-of-the-art testing facilities that the IAAF does. But our completely unscientific analysis reveals that there may be something to this whole he’s-hiding-a-sausage theory:
1) Semenya’s voice is just slightly higher than Lou Rawls’ voice.
2) Semenya has a thicker beard than Matisyahu.
and 3) Semenya’s Adam’s apple is bigger than our balls.
Oh, and if you don’t believe us about the Lou Rawls thing, check out the video below.
Anyhoo, on with today’s festival of linkage …
- ESPN The Magazine is going to 4 cents an issue. And yes, it’s still overpriced. (CNBC)
- Bloggers chime in on the 10 players who should never un-retire. If for no reason, click the link to find out who called Roger Clemens a “cockface.” (Babes Love Baseball)
- Plenty of good seats available for reservations at Brett Favre’s Steakhouse in Green Bay. (Steady Burn)
- In case you missed it (we did somehow), there’s a great interview up with Baseball Hall-of-Famer Rollie Fingers over at Baseball Reflections. Fingers shares his thoughts on which new HOFer was a “pain in the butt” and which ballpark he loathed the most. (Baseball Reflections)
- 20 cents says Patrick Kane will look great in the new Team USA Olympic hockey jerseys. (The Puck Doctors)
- No Janet Jones, no Lea Thompson and no Cynthia Gibb … WTF? One blogger offers questionable list of the top 10 hottest women in sports movies. (Bleacher Report)
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?