Strasburg Won't Make Debut Until 2010
For everything you need to know about your upcoming and/or current fantasy football, baseball, and basketball seasons... visit www.MyFantasyLand.wordpress.com!
For those of you at your computers waiting to snag Stephen Strasburg as soon as he gets the call up and becomes available, you’ll have to just draft him next season.
In a tweet by USA Today’s Bob Nightengale, the plan was cleared up a bit:
“Strasburg, who got a $15.1 million guaranteed contract won’t make his MLB debut before 2010, Boras says. Press conference likely on Thursday.”
- Washington would sell some tickets. Actually, they may sell out every fifth day. DC is going nuts over this guy and, honestly, he’s their only hope until they draft Bryce Harper next year.
- Check out their rotation. There’s John Lannan, and then nothing at all. Strasburg is there ace and he hasn’t even made a pro start.
- If he’s really what they say he is, why not get him up in a big league clubhouse, get him used to the MLB atmosphere, and make sure he is really ready for the 2010 season?
- Strasburg tossed 109 innings with San Diego State this year. Don’t push him if he doesn’t need to be. Let him relax, get an extended offseason, and make sure he’s fresh for his 2010 campaign.
- Why would you do it? Why let all of the other teams in the division see what he has? Why risk injury?
- The Nationals may not want to win. They are 11 of their past 14 and may be making a huge mistake. While Strasburg may be the top pitching prospect of all time, Bryce Harper may be the top hitting prospect of all time. The race for last place is getting awfully close (Nationals only 3 games “up”).
If I’m running the show for the Nationals, I would just tell Stephen to cool it and get ready for the 2010 Spring Training.
As for you? Don’t worry about Strasburg this season, but depending on how Spring Training goes, you may want to consider taking him in your 2010 draft.
That’s it for now. Until next time, take it easy.
- Jay -
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?