What the Heck Is a Blue Jacket, Anyway?
As a life-long Oilers fan, I find it difficult to imagine cheering for any other team (except, of course, the 2008 Stanley Cup Champion Detroit Red Wings). Sure there are teams that I can tolerate, but I simply don't know what to think of these people who claim to be fans of other teams.
I'm sure that in a place like Philadelphia, fans think the same thing about Oilers fans, so I suppose it's a mutual confusion.
That said, if a sinkhole were to open up underneath the practice facilities of the following teams, I don't think I'd miss the teams at all (not the players, just the teams).
- Toronto Maple Leafs - Is there even a point to this franchise anymore? I know that it was an Original Six Franchise with a ton of history, but I just can't seem to imagine anyone actually liking a team that so consistently puts out such bad product. They've even got a decently talented lineup, but I feel that there is something lacking. Like unified ownership and a vision for the club. And a captain with hair.
- Calgary Flames - Obviously a no-brainer. If you like the Oilers, you can't like the Flames. And Dion Phaneuf is highly overrated. And they are not Alberta's team.
- Vancouver Canucks - There is not one redeeming quality to this franchise. You can take the raw talent that the team has and in any other situation, build a Stanley Cup winner out of it. In Vancouver,however, the fans are fair-weather at best and the team can't seem to figure out if it wants to be a contender or an also-ran. this team seems to run on empty more often than not. I also think it's time for the Sedin's to cut the umbilical cord. Seriously.
- Dallas Stars - Two Words: Mike Modano. I know he's a talented hockey player, but man, I can't stand the guy. I read somewhere that his favourite TV show was the Young and the Restless. He was in The Mighty Ducks too. 'Nuff said.
- Anaheim Ducks - After the whole Chris Pronger debacle in Edmonton, it would stand to reason that any self-respecting Oilers fan would despise the Ducks. I disliked them a long time before that. I think it was because they were owned by Disney, and it made my skin crawl to know that the same company who brought me "Beauty and the Beast" was responsible for MORE hockey in California.
Teams I am ambivalent to (but don't really dislike):
- Tampa Bay Lightning/Florida Panthers - Hockey in Florida? Really? I know there are lots of Quebecers down there in the winter, but they could just watch on satellite.
- Carolina Hurricanes - They won the Stanley Cup on a fluke. And are terrible.
- Atlanta Thrashers - What the heck is a Thrasher, anyway?
- Columbus Blue Jackets - I don't even know what to say about that.
- Minnesota Wild - Wild what? Certainly not their game plan.
- L.A. Kings/ San Jose Sharks - Hockey + California = peculiar.
- Nashville Predators - Don't know what KIND of predator, just that they "pick apart their victims", but even still...I don't get it.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?