No funny business this week, as we dive straight into the list.
As usual there is the standard splattering of unstoppable free-kicks (goals 1 and 7), while there has been a significant number of long-range rippers over the past seven days (goals 2, 3 and 11).
Aside from the fact that goal 10 is a beauty, we implore you to get used to the name Keisuke Honda as the VVV Venlo playmaker is set to become one of the hottest talents emerging in the European game.
Elsewhere, a skillful twinkle-toes goal is positioned at number 4, a fine lob is found at goal 5, a stunning volley is at goal 6, a brilliant first time effort is at goal 8, while arguably the goal of the week is at goal 9.
As always, all we ask is that you sit back and enjoy!
1. Wesley (Omonia Nicosia v FC Vaslui, Aug. 4, 2009)
2. Bogdan Stancu (Motherwell v Steaua Bucharest, Aug. 6, 2009)
3. Santi Cazorla (Juventus v Villarreal, Aug. 7, 2009)
4. Ibrahim Akin (Istanbul Buyuksehir v Besitkas, Aug. 7, 2009)
5. Bart Goor (Germinal Beerschot v Standard Liege, Aug. 7, 2009)
6. Landon Donovan (New England Revolution v LA Galaxy, Aug. 8, 2009) (1.19 minutes in)
7. Daniel Gunkel (Mainz v Bayer Leverkusen, Aug. 8, 2009)
8. Magne Hoseth (Molde v Rosenborg, Aug. 8, 2009) (1.00 minutes in)
9. Geraldo Mauricio Wendel (Bordeaux v Lens, Aug. 9, 2009) (pictured)
10. Keisuke Honda (VVV Venlo v ADO Den Haag, Aug. 9, 2009)
11. Mimoun Azaouagh (Bochum v Monchengladbach, Aug. 9, 2009)
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!