Crew 1-0 Colorado: I Didn't Know We Scored Until The Crowd Went Silent
The Crew travelled to Denver this weekend to take on Colorado at "The Dick." Apparently there was a game, and Columbus came out victorious. However, due to the less than massive security team at Dick"s Sporting Goods Park and thanks in large part to a few Rapids fans who wanted to sit down and enjoy a nice quiet soccer game from the visiting supporters' section, I only got to see the second half.
As promised there will be tales of conquest over on The Life, but let's talk about the game for a second:
- The real Rapids fans, who tailgate before each game, were amazingly hospitable. They opened up their party to the five of us and made sure our beers were never empty and we always had a hot dog in hand. To them: much love.
- The actual stadium itself is amazing. Beautiful doesn't do it justice. Maybe that's because I'm from Columbus and the sight of mountains in the distance has some novelty, but still: wow.
- A word of advice: If you're an usher in a stadium, and a group of fans supporting the opposition shows up in your section—with tickets for that section—and someone complains about them standing and being loud, do anything in the world except send them to the section of said stadium where the home supporters have set up shop. It will not end well.
- Chad Marshall's goal was amazing. Big fella showed us that Guillermo isn't the only guy on the team that can score on free kicks. I didn't see the goal (thanks security) but it looked great on the replay. I will tell you this though: The crowd literally went silent. I could hear the players celebrating on the field.
- I hate to say this, but our guys looked flat for most of the game. I know that all soccer isn't pretty soccer, but man, this was a Woody Hayes "three yards and a cloud of dust" style win. It was like Coach Bob said "Let's get our three points and get the hell outta here."
- Steven Lenhart is a pimp. For about 20 minutes after the game dude was on the field chatting up a couple of hotties. We stood on the concourse and shouted at him the whole time, but Cabbage Patch was concentrating on getting those digits. Roll deep, Steve.
I'll have more up later, I'm going to see if any of my friends DVR'd the game. I'd like to actually watch it before I try to make any more judgments about it. That might be smarter than trying to make things up.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?