Now that the MLB trade deadline is officially over it seems like everyone has getting in on the action. In the last hour so many players have changed teams that it is hard to keep track. Here is a recap of the trades that have happened so far:
- Boston Red Sox acquire C/1B Victor Martinez from Indians
- Cincinnati Reds acquire 3B Scott Rolen
- Red Sox send 1B Adam LaRoche to the Braves for 1B Casey Kotchman (terms not final)
- Yankees acquire Jerry Hairston, Jr.
- Rockies acquire reliever Joe Beimel
- Twins acquire Orlando Cabrera
- Tigers acquire LHP Jarrod Washburn
- Pirates trade away more players, send pitchers John Grabow and Tom Gorzelanny to Cubs
- Dodgers acquire reliever George Sherrill
- Marlins acquire 1B Nick Johnson from Nationals
Rumors still circulating:
- Possible trade between Dodgers and Padres that would send 1B Adrian Gonzalez to the Dodgers and 1B James Loney to the Padres.
- Trade talks still seem to be “dead” for Roy Halladay
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!