The Obligatory "Let's Go Pens!" Post
1. Music - Pittsburgh has rock stars like Donnie Iris and Charlie Daniels sing about the city. Philly has pretty boys (boyz?) Boyz II Men singing "Motown Philly". Yeesh.
2. Movies - Pittsburgh has Sudden Death. Really, there's nothing more that needs to be said.
3. # of statues of fictional sports heroes: Pittsburgh - 0, Philly - 1. We prefer ours to be real.
4. Other sports teams in the city - too easy
5. Colors - Black and Gold trumps all. Everywhere. And the Penguins made a slight alteration in the gold to make is MORE badass. (Reports that the cloth Mary gave to Jesus was actually a Terrible Towel could not be confirmed.)
6. Years Andy Van Slyke was in town: Pittsburgh - 8, Philly - 1.
7. Television - Pittsburgh has Mr. Rogers. That's right: Mr.-freaking-Rogers. Philly? They have the opening song in the "Fresh Prince of Bel-Air". You know, the show about a city so rampant in crime that a rapper had to move away. (I would like a chicken sandwhich, to go. Anyone? Anyone?)
8. Food - Our staple (Primanti's) isn't overrated.
9. # of Pensblogs dedicated to your team: Pittsburgh - 1, Philly - 0. Seriously, if you are not reading this site you are missing out.
10. Billy Tibbetts once punched an opposing player on the bench. Roberts, Laraque, and Gill think he's a pansy.
There you go. 10 clearly solid reasons why Pittsburgh will win this series. Not much more to say but...
LET'S GO PENS!!!
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?