Brendan Rodgers and Liverpool have enjoyed a spectacular summer transfer window, but like all great teams, the Reds are still keeping their eyes open for some last-minute value deals that could help push the team over the top.
The club is mainly focused on departures and reportedly already planning ahead for next summer, with their young and exciting squad gelling a lot faster than most people would have anticipated.
Rodgers is not one to rest on his laurels, however, so don't be stunned if he has one final ace up his sleeve. Here's the latest buzz surrounding the Reds' transfer activity.
The move had been rumoured for quite some time but on Saturday it became official: Longtime Liverpool defender Daniel Agger will leave the Reds for his boyhood club, Brondby.
The news was confirmed through the club's official website, and in a long statement, the Danish giant said goodbye to the fans of the club who supported him for almost a decade:
Liverpool have been such a big part of my life and my family's lives for so long, that leaving is extremely difficult. The opportunity arose for me to return home to Brondby and at this stage of my career it felt like the right decision for me.
I wouldn't leave here to go anywhere else and that has been proven by my actions in recent seasons - I have turned down many offers to move to other Premier League and European clubs.
I would like to thank the Liverpool supporters for the incredible backing they have given me in my time here and the warmth and generosity of spirit displayed to my family.
Agger played in 232 matches for the Reds and was one of the team's most consistent players over the last eight years but injuries and a drop in form saw his role greatly diminished in 2013-14.
The arrival of Dejan Lovren appeared to be the beginning of the end, and while Liverpool would have loved to carry four experienced centre-backs on the squad in 2014-15, Agger's need for consistent playing time made the transfer inevitable.
Both parties will split in amicable fashion, and Agger's name will no doubt be praised around Anfield for years to come.
Reports from Spain indicate Borussia Dortmund and Real Madrid are already talking about a potential transfer for the German star in the summer of 2015, as the battle for his signature appears ready to be fought over the coming 12 months, per the Daily Express' Alex Harris.
Marco Reus' name has arguably been whispered more than any other during the summer, but both the player and his current club denied any speculation regarding a potential transfer.
Jurgen Klopp told Deutsche Presseagentur (h/t to Harris) he believes his new club captain won't be going anywhere anytime soon: "I can tell you I have a great feeling regarding Marco Reus' future at Borussia Dortmund. Marco will definitely be around at our club for quite a while."
A potential transfer in 2014 was hindered by his recovery from the devastating ankle injury that forced him to miss the World Cup, but the prolific forward has been better than ever during the early stages of the Bundesliga season, as shared by Germany's national team Twitter feed:
In the event of Dortmund confirming a potential Reus exit, every top club in the world will likely express an interest in his signature. The German international won't be moving to any club for a discount price, with the likes of Barcelona and Real Madrid the likely favourites for his services.
Sunderland are no longer looking for a permanent transfer of Italian forward Fabio Borini, according to the Sunderland Echo's Chris Young, instead turning their attention to a second season-long loan.
Borini had a successful spell at the Stadium of Light in 2013-14 and is eager to prove himself for the Reds in the upcoming season, but following the arrival of compatriot Mario Balotelli, he will find consistent playing minutes hard to come by.
According to the Corriere dello Sport (h/t to Football Italia), the Black Cats will face competition from Italian heavyweights Inter Milan, who would be interested in a season-long loan with an option to make the deal permanent for €15 million.
Given the club's riches in the attacking third, Liverpool would likely have preferred an immediate permanent solution, but as of right now, that doesn't appear to be an option.
Another strong campaign could help Borini's valuation on the open market, however, so if Rodgers feels confident about his attacking depth, expect the Italian to leave Anfield on loan for the second consecutive season.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!