UFC 177 is now officially in the books.
The much maligned card had its ups and downs, with a couple dull matches but some nice finishes to balance things out. It finished on a relative high note, with TJ Dillashaw outclassing the unlikely challenger Joe Soto, who put in a pretty solid showing.
Prior to the main event Tony Ferguson pulled out a tightly contested decision win over Danny Castillo, and Bethe Correia continued her rising in the women's bantamweight division by shutting down WMMA pioneer Shayna Baszler.
For a full recap of the night's action check out the quick results below:
UFC 177 Main Card
- T.J. Dillashaw def. Joe Soto, knockout (Round 5, 2:20)
- Tony Ferguson def. Danny Castillo, split decision (28-29, 29-28, 29-28)
- Bethe Correia def. Shayna Baszler, TKO (Round 2, 1:56)
- Carlos Ferreira def. Ramsey Nijem, TKO (Round 2, 1:53)
- Yancy Medeiros def. Damon Jackson, submission (Round 2, 1:54)
Prelims on Fox Sports 1
- Derek Brunson def. Lorenz Larkin, unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Anthony Hamilton def. Ruan Potts, TKO (Round 2, 4:17)
- Chris Wade def. Cain Carrizosa, submission (Round 1, 1:12)
For a more thorough account of UFC 177 scroll down for Bleacher Report's complete play-by-play coverage.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!