Juho Hanninen and the Czech Republic's Jan Kopecky secured a one-two finish, for Skoda at all-gravel Intercontinental Rally Challenge Rally Russia. This marks the Czech carmaker’s first victory in the IRC.
Repeating his 2008 performance, Hanninen rapidly emerged in front again this time around. With his Skoda Fabia S2000 running on soft compound tires, Hanninen posted the fastest time on every one of the first two day’s four stages.
This allowed him to complete Friday's action with a lead of almost a minute over his team-mate Jan Kopecky. This launched the Skoda squad on target for a one-two finish, particularly seeing as Giandomenico Basso in his Fiat/Abarth was practically three minutes behind in third place.
The Italian team secured valuable Drivers' and Manufacturers' points with Basso’s third and a sixth place for Anton Alèn.
Guy Wilks completed day one in a remarkable third place with his Proton and finally finished inside the top-five finish after posting some exceptionally fast times recovering from a punctured tire on day two.
Here is a list of times and drivers:
Pos Driver Car Time/Gap
1. Juho Hanninen Skoda 1h45m15.2s
2. Jan Kopecky Skoda + 1m20.9s
3. Giandomenico Basso Abarth + 4m06.0s
4. Patrik Flodin Subaru + 5m09.9s
5. Guy Wilks Proton + 6m33.0s
6. Franz Wittmann Mitsubishi + 9m07.1s
7. Anton Alen Abarth + 12m30.8s
8. Boris Zimin Mitsubishi + 15m53.9s
9. Alexey Katkov Subaru + 19m51.2s
10. Kaspar Koiytla Lada + 20m04.9s