Bayern Munich Transfer News and Rumours Tracker: Week of August 11
The summer transfer window is still a few weeks away from closing, but it appears Bayern Munich's preparations are nearly complete.
The Bavarians have signed Robert Lewandowski, Sebastian Rode, Juan Bernat and Pepe Reina during the current window, with Daniel van Buyten, Mario Mandzukic, Diego Contento, Lukas Raeder, Alessandro Schoepf and Toni Kroos having gone the other way.
As quoted by the Daily Mail, Pep Guardiola said in late July that he had no need for new players, aside from a goalkeeper. Since then, Pepe Reina has been signed to fill the void.
With that being said, Bayern could still be active in the transfer market. Karl-Heinz Rummenigge told FCB.tv (via Spox, in German) on Saturday that his side could send a few youngsters out on loan.
Meanwhile, there remains the possibility that a recent ankle injury to Rafinha and further complications relating to Thiago Alcantara's knee, according to The Guardian, could see Bayern revise their strategy.
B/R will be sifting through the news all week in search of any transfer news pertaining to Bayern. Be sure to check here regularly for all the latest.
Last Updated: Friday, August 15
Following Javi Martinez's anterior cruciate ligament injury, rumors have surfaced linking Bayern with a move for a new center-back option. Fiorentina man Stefan Savic is one of the players being considered, according to Ita Sport Press (h/t Mirror).
The 23-year-old Montenegro international and ex-Manchester City man has a contract in Florence that runs until the end of June, 2016.
On Friday, Bayern were linked with a move for Konstantinos "Kostas" Manolas. The Daily Star reported that Manchester United and Arsenal are both keen to sign the center-back, but face competition from Juventus and Bayern.
Like Savic, the Olympiacos man and Greece international is 23 years of age and has a contract that runs until 2016.
During his pre-DFL-Superpokal press conference, Pep Guardiola commented on recent speculation regarding Bayern possibly pursuing 25-year-old Borussia Dortmund attacker Marco Reus.
Per Goal.com Germany, he said that he had eight strikers in his team, which is already too great a figure. Adding a ninth, it would seem, is not high on his list of priorities.
After passing a medical, the 24-year-old put pen to paper on a four-year contract. A Munich native, Contento spent 19 years at Bayern prior to his move.