Cowboys Owner Jerry Jones Comments on Recently Leaked Photos

Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse more stories
Cowboys Owner Jerry Jones Comments on Recently Leaked Photos
Gus Ruelas/Associated Press

Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones called photos of him in sexually provocative positions with two women at a restaurant bathroom a "misrepresentation" of what occurred. He made the comments in his first meeting with the press since the pictures were leaked.    

"Someone has misrepresented photos taken at a restaurant five years ago for their own purposes, and so I'm just not going to comment," Jones told reporters.

The photos surfaced on TerezOwens.com last week. Tom Ley of Deadspin later uncovered that the photos were part of an extortion plot by a well-known Dallas promoter named Frank Hoover.

According to a 20-page letter posted by Hoover, an associate named Kevion Hickman and multiple other people took the photos in an attempt to bilk money out of the Cowboys owner and general manager. TMZ was able to get in contact with the two women pictured with Jones, both of whom deny any involvement in the alleged plot.

The women claim they were unaware pictures were being taken, per TMZ:

Although they appear to be posing...both women claim they and Jerry had no idea the pics were being taken -- and say Jones' bodyguard would have confiscated the camera if they had a clue.They say they never wanted the photos to go public—so, they've retained an attorney to find out how they can have them scrubbed from the Internet. 

Jones has largely avoided talking to the media since the scandal broke. He did not speak following the Cowboys' 27-7 loss to the San Diego Chargers in their preseason opener—an atypical move for the always-talkative business tycoon. ESPN.com's Todd Archer noted that Jones went to "great lengths" to avoid talking to reporters during Saturday's practice.

Gus Ruelas/Associated Press

When asked to go into further detail about the incident, Jones consistently declined. He would not answer follow-up questions on what was "misrepresented," the alleged extortion plot or whether he contacted police to investigate the matter. 

“I really don’t have any more comment than what I’ve made,” Jones told reporters. “I said that.”

The women in the photographs told TMZ that there was "a lot" of alcohol involved on the night in question. With Jones refusing to comment and the women involved claiming they had nothing to do with the leaks, this is likely the end of the story barring another leak.

Hoover, who originally leaked the photos, has since deleted them and his background story. The lengthy manifesto can still be found at Deadspin.  

 

Follow Tyler Conway (@tylerconway22) on Twitter.

Load More Stories

Follow B/R on Facebook

Out of Bounds

NFL

Subscribe Now

We will never share your email address

Thanks for signing up.