Liverpool Transfer News and Rumours Tracker: Week of August 11
The friendlies are over, the new season starts this weekend and there is business still to be done at Anfield in the transfer market.
Those two new signings are largely expected to consist of a left-back and a forward, adding to the seven new signings made so far this summer.
There could also be moves away from Anfield, with several fringe players looking to move ahead of the new season starting this weekend.
Here are the latest LFC transfer reports for players coming in and out at Anfield.
-Last Updated: Thursday, 14th August-
Moreno Discusses Liverpool Move
Alberto Moreno is quoted discussing his move to Anfield in The Liverpool Echo:
Liverpool are a great team and of course I’m super-motivated. I hope things go well.
I am living a strange situation because I’m leaving the club of my life. I was always aware of the two teams (trying) to agree.
I never got into that but Sevilla have understood that Liverpool’s offer was good and I am going.
I have many feelings together. What happened on the pitch, with the fans, will remain forever etched on me and I could not help but mourn because I did not expect it.
First came the parting with colleagues, then with the fans... all very complicated.
Moreno will undergo his medical on Thursday, as per BBC Sport's Ben Smith.
Toure Staying at Anfield
Defender Kolo Toure says he wants to stay and fight for his place at Liverpool, despite interest from Turkish side Trabzonspor.
Toure told Sport Ivoire, as quoted in the Independent:
I am still at Liverpool. I had talks with the coach [Brendan Rodgers] who clearly indicated that I was part of his plans. It is a privilege to be at Liverpool. I am very happy to wear the shirt of this legendary club.
I feel good physically. At 33 years of age, I am ready for any challenge. It is because I have been spared from serious injuries during my career. I continue to work hard in training to keep up the momentum, and it is why the coach wants to keep me at Liverpool.
Martin Kelly to Palace
Kelly is a player who showed much promise after graduating through the academy at Liverpool but has suffered from injuries.
He finds himself behind Glen Johnson, Jon Flanagan and Javier Manquillo in the right-back pecking order and a move away will finally give him the opportunity for regular Premier League football.
It will be interesting to see if Kelly is used as a right-back or centre-back at his new club.
Surprise Eto'o Talk
The 33-year-old is linked by all the Merseyside based correspondents, such as Andy Hunter of The Guardian. Hunter writes that while Liverpool have not yet made an offer, "his wage demands are unlikely to deter Liverpool given the player’s availability on a free transfer."
Toure to Trabzonspor
Kolo Toure will depart for Turkish side Trabzonspor this week, according to the club's president.
“We have agreed terms with Kolo Toure and we will bring him to the club," Ibrahim Haciosmanoglu is quoted as saying on Turkish-Football.com.
The fee is reported to be €2 million for the 33-year-old, who arrived from Manchester City on a free transfer last summer.
Moreno Finally Moving to Merseyside
The signing of Moreno would finally put an end to the club's longest-running transfer saga this summer—and hopefully provide a long-term solution to what has been a problematic position at Anfield for years.
Big-Name South American to Anfield?
BBC Sport’s South American football correspondent Tim Vickery has told BBC Radio 5 Live's "World Football Phone-In" that Liverpool are lining up a "big-name player" to replace Luis Suarez.
Vickery is quoted, via LFC Offisde:
An agent...I don't usually have many contacts with agents and the like, but I got phoned up yesterday with apparently good news for Liverpool. It's not Falcao, but it's a big name player replacing a big name player at Liverpool, which would obviously be Suarez, being lined up very soon. I couldn't find out anything more than that, but I don't think it's Falcao. I don't [think] it would be viable for them, would it?
Given Vickery's contacts within the game, it's safe to assume that the supposed big-name player is a South American—potentially Edinson Cavani?
You can listen to the show at the BBC here.
No Offers for Agger
Brendan Rodgers told reporters after Sunday's friendly against Borussia Dortmund that the club had not received any offers for defender Daniel Agger.
Per Neil Jones of the Liverpool Echo, Rodgers said:
"I saw some stories on Agger, but we haven't had any enquiries. Daniel is still getting some work done on his knee. He's been unfortunate since the tour of America, but we haven't had anything, no offers."