The Montreal Canadiens' 2014-15 roster is just about set, meaning it's time to start making line projections for the forwards.
A lot can, and will, change before now and the start of the regular season, but based on the Canadiens' current roster and their line combinations last season, here's how the team could line up on October 8:
- Line 1: Max Pacioretty - David Desharnais - Brendan Gallagher
- Line 2: Alex Galchenyuk - Tomas Plekanec - P.A. Parenteau
- Line 3: Rene Bourque - Lars Eller - Brandon Prust
- Line 4: Michael Bournival - Manny Malhotra - Dale Weise
- 10th forward: Travis Moen
The obvious exclusion here is Jiri Sekac. With a great camp, or with any injury to a roster forward, he could easily start the season in the top nine.
But if Montreal stays healthy through camp, it won't want to hinder his development by having him play limited fourth-line minutes or be a healthy scratch. There's a good chance he starts the season in Hamilton.
With the lines above in mind, we can start to dissect the trios and the issues around them. Here's the biggest question for each Montreal Canadiens line in 2014-15.