There's always a silver lining, and the Mets
being plain painful to watch has a bright side as well.
- For a change, you won't have to suffer through utter and total disappointed on the last day of September for 3 straight years
- The Mets being unwatchable frees up time for you to watch such fantastic summer shows as Wipeout and Big Brother
- You can learn a foreign language before the Mets hit their next home run
- You've never watched a double A baseball team before so now's your chance to see one on SNY...in HD!
- At least we're not the Nationals
- You can for the first time in a long time talk to your wife and children and not be distracted by a baseball game
- Gives you time to reflect back on the good ol' days when we just couldn't beat the Braves instead of not being able to beat anyone
- You suddenly have dreams of Rick Reed making a comeback
- At least K-Rod will be well rested for 2010
- Your Carlos Delgado jersey won't get any stains on it at your next BBQ
- Every 5 days you get to watch the best pitcher in baseball not get any run support
- Only 3 more years of Luis Castillo
- Whining and complaining is always much more fun than winning