Juventus Transfer News and Rumours Tracker: Week of July 21
Last week was the most tumultuous in the recent history of Juventus, the resignation of Antonio Conte sending shock waves through the club that will be felt for years to come.
Replacing him with Massimiliano Allegri was met with derision from supporters, unhappy at the appointment of the former Milan boss.
Fans protested as he was unveiled as coach last Wednesday, according to Football Italia, and the loss of their inspirational leader must not be underestimated. But life in Turin must go on, with the change also affecting the club’s transfer business.
Over the following pages, all the news and rumours concerning Juventus are rounded up, with updates throughout the week.
*UPDATED FRIDAY JULY 25*
Juventus Continue Discussions for Romulo
Hordur Magnusson Joins Cesena
Xherdan Shaqiri Says Juventus Would Not Be a Step Back
Xherdan Shaqiri says he has had no contact with clubs interested in him, but has spoken highly of Juventus. Expected to leave Bayern Munich this summer, the 22-year-old spoke to TuttoSport about his future, telling them (h/t Football Italia):
At the moment I am on vacation and I do not know what will happen in the future, all this is taken care of by my brother. I have a contract with Bayern Munich, which expires in 2016 and today that is the only certainty for me.
Juventus? I have had no contact, just as I do not know of interest from Liverpool and Monaco. However, Juventus are a great club, who doesn’t want to play for them?
To date, I repeat, I am a Bayern Munich player, but for me Juventus would not be a step backwards.
No Contact with PS-G Says Antonio Conte
After leaving Juventus last week, Antonio Conte has moved quickly to dispel suggestions he is set to join Paris Saint-Germain. Speaking to Italian news agency ANSA, the coach said (h/t Yahoo Sports):
I learned in a newspaper, while I was on holiday, that there was apparently contact between what was vaguely described as ‘my entourage’ and PS-G. Not having an agent or an entourage and the news being devoid of any truth, I am amazed at the ease with which it was published.
Roberto Pereyra Completes Juventus Medicals
Juventus Reject Monaco Bid for Domenico Berardi
Juventus have reportedly rejected a €22 million bid for Domenico Berardi, currently co-owned by Sassuolo and the Bianconeri. According to La Gazzetta dello Sport (h/t Football Italia), AS Monaco made the offer earlier this month but it was instantly turned down.
The Turin side have an agreement that the 19-year-old will join them next summer for a fee of €14m.
Patrice Evra Relishing Challenge of Moving to Juventus
The fee was just £1.2 million, with a further £0.3m to be paid should the Turin side qualify for the 2015/16 Champions League. The player told Sky Italia he is looking forward to testing himself in a new environment, saying (h/t Football Italia):
I believe my transfer to Juventus in this stage of my career is the right thing to do so I can continue challenging myself and strive to improve. Juventus is a great club, and I can’t wait to be part of the team and to contribute to the successes that have always been part of their history.
After Alvaro Morata, Other Juventus Deals Close
Having officially announced the capture of Real Madrid striker Alvaro Morata, Juventus revealed they expect to complete more deals soon.
The Spaniard was unveiled at a press conference on Friday, admitting he was “itching to get started,” according to the official club website.
Seated beside his latest acquisition, director general Beppe Marotta said that the coaching change would not affect his work this summer.
"There’ll be no revolution," he is quoted as saying on GianlucaDiMarzio.com. "This group proved to be by far the best in Italy. In the next days we’ll close some other operations, I hope to announce them soon."
Roberto Pereyra Deal Almost Done
Among those deals believed to be close to completion is the signing of Roberto Pereyra. The 23-year-old has been linked with Juventus all summer, but La Gazzetta dello Sport insist their pursuit is almost at an end.
Patrice Evra Transfer Announced Monday?
The long-awaited switch of Manchester United defender Patrice Evra to Juventus could end on Monday, with a two-year contract for the Frenchman.
According to La Gazzetta dello Sport (h/t Football Italia), the only delay was to comply with the New York Stock Exchange where the Old Trafford club are listed