A big summer looms for Liverpool as they prepare to continue their rollercoaster of a year of progress in 2013-14, and the pre-season campaign will be integral to it.
There's many questions to be answered: How will Liverpool cope with life after Luis Suarez? Where will Adam Lallana fit into Brendan Rodgers' system? Which youngsters will follow in Raheem Sterling's footsteps and break into the team?
The Reds' pre-season campaign should go someway toward answering some of those questions, with Liverpool set for a busy schedule of fixtures:
- 16 July – Brondby (Copenhagen) – 6 p.m. local
- 19 July – Preston North End (Deepdale) – 3 p.m. BST
- 23 July – AS Roma (Fenway Park, Boston) – 7:30 p.m. EST
- 27 July – Olympiacos (Soldier Field, Chicago)– 5 p.m. CST
- 30 July – Manchester City (Yankee Stadium, New York) – 7 p.m. EST
- 2 August – AC Milan (Charlotte, North Carolina) – 6:30 p.m. EST
- 10 August – Borussia Dortmund (Anfield) – 12:15 p.m. BST