Bill Kostroun/Associated Press
10. Devan Dubnyk: Will be motivated to rebound after washing out with Edmonton and Nashville this past season. Only 28 and possessing a big frame (6'6", 210 pounds), Dubnyk could be an affordable backup.
9. Thomas Greiss: Hopes to land with a club willing to give him a shot as a starter. Posted decent numbers (10-8-5, 2.29 goals-against average, .920 save percentage) as a backup with the Coyotes.
8. Al Montoya: He had solid statistics (13-8-3, 2.30 goals-against average, .920 save percentage) with the Jets. Montoya is an experienced veteran backup who can bail out a struggling starter.
7. Evgeni Nabokov: The 38-year-old Nabokov is no longer a reliable starter. He could, however, prove a worthwhile backup and mentor for a club with a young starter.
6. Ray Emery: Hip surgery several years ago has limited his effectiveness as a starter. However, Emery has proven to be a capable backup.
5. Tim Thomas: Age is catching up to the former Vezina and Conn Smythe Trophy winner. The 40-year-old Thomas could be a mentor for a young starter.
4. Chad Johnson: Put up good numbers (17-4-3, 2.10 GAA, .925 save percentage) backing up Tuukka Rask in Boston. Has the potential to challenge an established starter.
3. Martin Brodeur: The future Hall of Famer is no longer capable of full-time starting duties. The 42-year-old Brodeur could, however, prove an effective backup on a contending club.
2. Jonas Hiller: He posted solid career numbers as a starter in Anaheim. The 32-year-old Hiller could prove an affordable option for clubs in need of an experienced starter.