Don't look now but its almost July and before you know it the NFL season will be under way. Craig from CT Sports Picks has five teams that can shock the world with a huge turnaround. The shock won't just be teams winning extra instead he has two power teams that are going to really have a bad season.
Make sure you also check out Craig's new Sports Handicapping Weekly Radio show PICKS & PARLAYS. The show is on Tuesday's at 7PM EST or you can get the podcast anytime.
1. San Fransisco 49ers—Coach Mike Singletary has this team believing that they can make a huge turnaround and even win the division. Arizona won this division last year but will take a step back so this division could be won with 8-9 wins. Frank Gore staying healthy is a must, but if he has a bounce back season, watch out, they can shock the world.
2. Baltimore Ravens—Last year this veteran team made their last great run at winning another championship. Key defensive losses in the offseason have this aging team very thin at most spots on defense. A very tough division and an extremely tough schedule will have this team at fewer than six wins for sure. Don't be shocked if key injuries to veteran defenders put this defense in the bottom 10 of the league. Ray Lewis is not the player he once was and his age will be exposed this year.
3. Dallas Cowboys—Not a good year for the Cowboys to be opening their new Dallas Stadium. This will be a season that they will want to forget. The Cowboys will be lucky to get to .500 this year. Everyone in there division has improved except them. Yes they have rid themselves of several questionable character stars but they have not added any talent in return. Tony Romo has been reported as being out of shape, and with less talent around him this could really spell trouble.
4. Houston Texans—Could this finally be the year that this team shocks the world. YES YES YES!! This team is loaded and might be the best offensive team in football this year. A healthy Matt Schaub will spell trouble for both TEN and IND as Houston wins the division this year. The defense is hungry, young, and so fast. A favorable schedule and armed with the confidence that they can compete with the big boys make this team a huge threat.
5. Green Bay Packers—A year removed from the Brett Farve fiasco will have this team focused and very dangerous. Health was a problem for almost every player on the offensive side last year, but added depth and experience makes this team very dangerous. Everyone is talking about CHI and MIN but forgetting that this same GB team two years ago won this division. Don't sleep on the Packers as they will win double digits for sure!
Every year the NFL have teams that come from nowhere to win there division. Last year we had TEN and MIA both make the playoffs after very poor 2007!! Craig has given you some really underrated teams today that all will shock the NFL this year!!