Manchester City Transfer News and Rumours Tracker: Week of May 26

Mark Jones@@Mark_Jones86Featured ColumnistMay 26, 2014

Manchester City Transfer News and Rumours Tracker: Week of May 26

0 of 10

    STR/Associated Press

    Having had some time to reflect on winning the Premier League title, Manchester City boss Manuel Pellegrini will now be stepping up his efforts to add to his squad this summer.

    Several players have already been linked with moves both in and out of the Etihad Stadium, but just how will the Chilean's squad look by the time they kick off their title defence in August?

    Check back here for the latest City news all week.

    Last updated Friday, May 30. 

Atletico Madrid Target Alvaro Negredo to Replace Diego Costa

1 of 10

    Rui Vieira/Associated Press

    Alvaro Negredo is a target for Atletico Madrid according to the Daily Mirror, who claim that the City forward is being eyed as a replacement for Diego Costa by the Champions League runners-up.

    The former Sevilla man started his first season in England well, but lost his place in the team towards the end of the campaign.

Chelsea to Use Lukaku Bait to Beat City to Benatia

2 of 10

    Marco Luzzani/Getty Images

    The Daily Express suggest that Chelsea are ready to offer Romelu Lukaku in a deal to sign Roma's Moroccan defender Mehdi Benatia from under City's noses.

    Benatia has emerged as one of the best defenders in Serie A, and is being targeted by City to partner Vincent Kompany in the centre of defence next season.

Real Madrid to Make £60 Million Aguero Bid After Giving Up on Suarez

3 of 10

    Rui Vieira/Associated Press

    Real Madrid are preparing a huge £60 million bid for City ace Sergio Aguero after giving up on the Premier League's top scorer Luis Suarez, according to the Daily Star.

    With Suarez now expected to stay at Liverpool the European champions have turned their attentions to Aguero, who the report claims is open to the switch to Spain.

Dedryck Boyata Given New Deal to Help Homegrown Quota

4 of 10

    Clint Hughes/Getty Images

    Manchester City's official website confirm that defender Dedryck Boyata has been awarded a new contract at City to help with the club's quota of homegrown players.

    Despite being born in Belgium, Boyata moved to City at a sufficiently young age to be regarded as homegrown by UEFA, who have reduced City's squad size to 21 for the Champions League in 2014/15 following the breach of Financial Fair Play rules.

Hugo Lloris Lined Up for Surprise Move to City from Tottenham

5 of 10

    Christophe Ena/Associated Press

    Website Sport Witness cite a report in France Football which claims that French No. 1 Hugo Lloris is being lined up for a move to Manchester City this summer.

    Lloris impressed for Spurs over what was an up and down campaign in 2013/14, and the report claims that he will challenge and could even surpass the Citizens' No. 1 Joe Hart for a place in the City side.

Monaco and Serie A Trio All Keen on Aleksandar Kolarov

6 of 10

    David Ramos/Getty Images

    Serbian left-back Aleksandar Kolarov isn't short of offers should he decide to leave City this summer.

    The Mirror reports that Ligue 1 giants Monaco as well as AC Milan, Juventus and Roma are all keen on the 28-year-old, who cost City £19 million when he joined from Lazio in the summer of 2010 but is now entering the final year of his contract.

Yaya Toure Talks Up Possible PSG Move

7 of 10

    Shaun Botterill/Getty Images

    Unsettled City midfielder Yaya Toure has talked up the possibility of a move to Paris Saint-Germain, claiming that it would be "an honour" to play for the French giants.

    Toure has been in the news ever since he accused City of showing him a lack of respect, and the Daily Mail report that he told France Football:

    When I think about objectives of Paris Saint-Germain, how can you not be interested in a club like that?

    PSG have become a European power. It'd be an honour to be part of such a club one day... if I can be of use.

Unsettled Mehdi Benatia to Cost City £32m

8 of 10

    Mario Carlini / Iguana Press/Getty Images

    City will have to pay £32m if they want to make Roma and Morocco defender Mehdi Benatia the new centre-back partner for Vincent Kompany.

    The Daily Express claim that both Manchester United and Arsenal are also looking at the 27-year-old, who has become unsettled by the transfer talk and is asking Roma to double his wages in order for him to stay.

Sagna '90 Percent Certain' to Leave Arsenal, but City Move Not Agreed Yet

9 of 10

    Sang Tan/Associated Press

    French full-back Bacary Sagna has confirmed he is close to leaving Arsenal, but he also claims that a move to City isn't certain yet.

    As reported by ESPN, Sagna said:

    I have not signed with anybody, agreed with no one.

    All the English media are sending me to Manchester City, but I don't have any agreement with them or with anyone else. I have never set foot there. Several European and English clubs have contacted me. Certain talks have gone further than others, and Manchester City are among them.

    But today, I'm still an Arsenal player. It would be good to have everything sorted out before the World Cup, on which I am now completely focused.

    Today, there's a 90 percent chance I will leave and 10 percent that I will stay. I have been asking myself that question for a long time, and it's the time for a new challenge. 

Willy Caballero Targeted to Replace Costel Pantilimon

10 of 10

    David Ramos/Getty Images

    Malaga goalkeeper Willy Caballero is the man Pellegrini wants to replace the departing Costel Pantilimon, according to the Manchester Evening News, but he'll face competition from Barcelona.

    Pantilimon was included on City's released players list last week and is now likely to pursue first-team action elsewhere.

    Having worked together at Malaga, Caballero would be trusted by Pellegrini to provide competition for Joe Hart.