Rookies tend to be overrated in fantasy leagues, a fact which can be blamed on the television hoopla of the modern NFL draft. Casual observers buy into the hype hook, line and sinker.
We are here now to spread some sanity and perspective. There are a lot of really good veteran football players who were well-regarded prospects years before. They're now in their prime.
We give you updated fantasy football rankings for 2014, position-by-position, in this slideshow. You will notice rookies appear throughout, but likely a lot later than most of you initially imagined.
If we had to give you an overall rookie ranking right now, our rankings would parse down to:
- RB Bishop Sankey, Tennessee Titans
- RB Tre Mason, St. Louis Rams
- QB Johnny Manziel, Cleveland Browns
- WR Sammy Watkins, Buffalo Bills
- WR Odell Beckham, New York Giants
- WR Brandin Cooks, New Orleans Saints
- WR Cody Latimer, Denver Broncos
- WR Mike Evans, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- TE Eric Ebron, Detroit Lions
- RB Terrance West, Cleveland Browns
- RB Andre Williams, New York Giants
- RB Carlos Hyde, San Francisco 49ers
- WR Kelvin Benjamin, Carolina Panthers
- Marqise Lee, Jacksonville Jaguars
- QB Teddy Bridgewater, Minnesota Vikings
Don't worry, these are sure to change in the next four months.