The NBA season is finally over. Now teams are jockeying for free agents and trying to rank the NBA draft class. More than ever this economy has NBA teams looking to fill needs from the draft instead of free agency. Sports Handicapper Craig Trapp of CT SPORTS PICKS is going to give his NBA Mock Draft No. One-10!!
1. LA Clippers- Blake Griffin: This team needs depth at almost every position so makes total sense to take best player on board. Griffin is going to be a 15 year pro his game will be a better version of Carlos Boozer. Pencil him in for rookie of year as he will average a double double for sure this season.
2. Memphis Grizzlies- Hasheem Thabeet:The Grizzlies are trying to trade this pick but have not been able to find a suitor. If they can't trade the pick they will be forced to take Thabeet as he is the best big guy in the draft. Rubio is best available player but they already have two young guards and don't need another one. Thabeet is not good offensively but Memphis hopes he will be a poor mans Dikembe Mutumbo.
3. Oklahoma City Thunder- James Harden:This might be the most up in the air pick of the top five teams. They love Thabeet but as it stands now it does not look like he will be there. Harden would be a great fit between Westbrook and Durant. Not a great shooter but can get to the basket on anyone. Will be a very solid pro and might not be a superstar but would be good fit for the Thunder.
4. Sacramento Kings- Ricky Rubio:This would be the dream come true for Sacramento. They are so worried that Rubio won't be there at this point of the draft. But if he is there they definitely will take him. Rubio is a super star in the making. His passing skills combined with his height make him a very similar player to Jason Kidd early in his career. Outside shooting is not great for Rubio but he will improve with age.
5. Minnesota Timberwolves- Tyreke Evans:A great combo guard that still has raw athletic ability. Prototypical NBA 2 guard body that will grow into a very solid pro. The only question for Evans is can he play some point guard in the league. Upside on Evans might be one of the highest in the draft and development might make him the steal of the draft!
Craig will be back with a continuation mock draft with picks 6-10 later so make sure you check back.
Get all of Craig's free sports handicapping picks daily at http://www.CTSportsPicks.com!!